Just a reminder that Irreni World Scale is about solutions not punditry.
The solution discussed in this blog post is the proposed "California Succession Amendment" (CSA).
The CSA was a blog post without comment to make for ease of dissemination.
Here I present short, brief talking points for California becoming its own country.
I labeled the CSA using the word "Succession" as a kinda joke. This is not about secession. This is about the continuation, the next in a sequence, of what country carries forth American ideals. We are asking red state America to remove California from the Union so we can continue our cherished American ideals.
Succession:Climate change is a very real threat and our American heritage is to lead on liberty and justice. We here in California will lead on climate change as a continuance of the American way. In addition California will lead on the great global refugee crisis due to climate change that is about to beset liberty and justice throughout the entire world.
2 c : the continuance of
Give me your tired, your poor,The golden state wishes to still be the golden door. California is requesting that the United States remove California from the Union precisely because California wishes to take up the torch liberty; take up that burdensome, awesome yoke of leadership by example assumed that day in 1776 when we the people became the first world Democracy. California is requesting to be the next in succession of liberty and justice for all.
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
Our current President elect has said climate change is not real. Our current President elect has said he will kill not just the terrorists, but their families. Our current President elect is a wanna be terrorist: he has repeatedly said he will kill civilians as a military strategy of non-surprise. Killing civilians is a strategy of terrorists. We are not terrorists. Our current President elect denies climate change and would deny Muslims entry into this country. Our current President elect has stated that the use of nuclear weapons is on the table. And they voted for him. And they voted for him...with eyes wide open...knowing full-well these things.
We here in California aim to continue the sequence of American ideals we still demand from ourselves today: liberty and justice for all. Denying climate change, killing civilians, killing families of terrorists, denying refugees and threatening nuclear arms is not liberty and justice for all. It is not the American way. The denial of liberty and justice for all cannot be tolerated, especially with the compassionate world need of climate change response.
Over the last two decades the Trump voters have made it clear how much they support the policies that have culminated with the President elect, crowned if you will with a crown of fear and withdrawal and not liberty and justice. Make America Great Again is a cowardly, inward looking philosophy at a time the world needs us to have courage and make sacrifices for the greater good. Consider that three-fourths of the states have Republican governors and legislatures; that Republicans control the Congress, the Senate and the Presidency; and it becomes clear what we Californian's must do: Act.
Act and act now. Climate change is upon us, we do not have time to wait even four more years. Liberty and justice cannot be put on hold while the rest of America comes to its senses, or not.
We must act now. We must act today. We must Calexit.
If California is gone then then the US government will be conservative enough to pass the following constitutional amendments. Note that because of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment then these necessarily have to be federal amendments.
Here are just some of the conservative amendments possible with California out of the picture.
- Marriage is between one man and one woman.
- Abortion is illegal.
- Bathroom usage must be by birth-certificate gender.
- Anyone can discriminate based upon religion.
- Everyone has the right to open carry guns.
So why California? Why not some other liberal state like New York, Hawaii or Oregon?
- Liberal media. Hollywood is a core piece of liberal media. Eject California and then you eject Hollywood. When California becomes a country Hollywood will necessarily have to turn to California national politics. Liberal newspapers and web sites are in all large metropolitan cities. Hollywood is only in California.
- Largest economy. Central to the CSA is transferring the US National Debt to the state being kicked out. Only California has a large enough economy to support the most debt.
- Isolated. New York, Chicago and other large metropolitan bastions of more tightly integrated with the continental US.
- 53 Representative vote count. Getting rid of California representatives will increase the percent of Republicans in Congress more than any other single state and thus ensuring an easy path for passing amendments.
- 55 Electoral vote count. The President will be permanently conservative.
Why a Constitutional Amendment?
Because it can be repealed.
When I talk about Calexit and the CSA everyone thinks secession like with Texas. People think of a civil war. People think of guns and violence.
No. This is a digital age. Computers move at the speed of light and so can repealing this amendment.
What's being proposed here is a Constitutional Amendment. Repeal the amendment and California is now a State again.
If the amendment can be easily repealed then isn't that a huge risk?
- California currency. Foreign investors may be reluctant to engage the California currency.
- California failure. What if California financially fails?
- Cold feet. The US gets cold feet and immediately reinstates California.
National Debt Risk Insurance?
The debt assumption first and foremost is insurance against cold feet. Repealing the CSA means taking back on the entire US National debt.
- Cold feet insurance. The debt is a 16 trillion dollar poison pill.
- Cutting taxes. Cutting taxes is Trump administration necessity. Trump wants to cut taxes that will initially induce huge deficits until trickle-down economics creates jobs. That's the theory anyway. Trump can't do that today because of the existing debt. If Trump starts with no debt then he has a green light to cut taxes.
- Long-term insurance with the two debts. Assuming CSA passes in Trump's first year of office then he will have eight years to run trillion dollar deficits. He can do this because an 8-10 trillion debt is sustainable as has been already proven and even without the California economy. If the US works it way into another 10 trillion dollar debt over eight years then repealing the CSA is no longer an option.
- Currency insurance. To quote Donald Trump, "If a man borrows $100,000 from the bank and can't pay it back, the man is in trouble. If a man borrows $2 billion from the bank and he can't pay it back then the bank is in trouble." By assuming the full debt of the US today then this ensures that foreign countries will invest with California so as to keep interest payments coming. This is insurance for California currency stability and financial success.
Mass Liberal Migration
The CSA admits reality, an already existing reality that liberals are going to start fleeing the red states in terror and in fear for their lives. Muslims, Mexicans young people will flee the red states. Women who believe in abortion will flee. The mass exodus of liberals from red states to California will only continue to solidify an already untenable political party imbalance existing today.
The CSA is just an affirmation of today's reality. California is ideologically juxtaposed to conservatives and will only become more so under Trump. We are a nation intractably divided.
Social Experiment and Financial Competition
Today each side of the liberal-conservative divide is shouting over the other that one society is better than the other. Or that one financial system like trickle-down economics is better than the other.
So, why not have a bake off? Why not let both liberals and conservatives play out their social and financial ideals and see what works out? There are four possibilities:
- US succeeds, California fails. This is proof liberal policies don't work and if Californians come to their senses then the CSA can easily be repealed.
- US succeeds, California succeeds. No harm, no foul. Liberals and conservatives have gone their separate ways.
- US fails, California succeeds. California can help out the US where if today the US fails due to Trump policies there is no other option.
- US fails, California fails. Then the CSA can be repealed in an attempt to overcome divided we fall.
Red state America has an opportunity with the CSA to kick California out, amend the constitution, and then repeal the CSA after a few years. How could this work? Easy, assuming conservative economics work then the Trump administration economy will eventually be going gang busters with no national debt. In that case then repealing the CSA reinstates the debt but now the US is ready to meet the debt challenge.
Voluntarily Reject Demagoguery!
Politics as Science!
Demand Irreni World Scale!
Anti-theism is feminism!
Empathy for all!
Moral relativity: think it, breath it!
Prove it or lose it!
Conversations equal consensus!
Welcome to the 21st century!
Scale your empathy, scale the world!
Find your tribe!
Be sexy people!
The future is coming!
Innovate at a rapid pace!
Slow speed ahead!
Well come! and well met!