The Talk

HaPpY ThUrSdAy!

The Talk



This opinion piece is only related to Irreni World Scale in one way. It relates to Irreni World Scale by offering a perspective that views the protesting of Floyd's murder as completely naive. The Irreni World Scale solution requires a culture change first, not a legal one.

Today is June 4th 2020 and I can't help but thinking to myself about the store owner that called the cops on Floyd. Did he have the talk I had as a kid on  how to act around cops? If he had then he wouldn't feel guilty for calling the cops on Floyd. I'm guessing that store owner is going to think twice about calling the cops ever again. This talk can help you from making that same mistake.

The Talk


The talk is not about the truth. The talk is about surviving in a world with cops.

I got the talk when I was a teenager. I was a white kid growing up in an all white neighborhood when I got the talk. Probably because my grandfather was a Made Man who worked for Al Capone's organization and my father was the son of Made Man who ended up a petty crook fencing stolen goods all his life.

My dad never spent time with his kids and his talk was short reflecting his amount of interest. He said never trust the cops and never call the cops. All the cops are drug dealers and criminals and they are worst of them. Never call the cops. If you call the cops you are the one who is going to get arrested. Then he went on to tell the story about a guy who got pulled over for speeding. When he went to reach into his glove box to get his driver's license then the cop saw the gun and shot him dead. The case went to court and the cop won, easily. This was a white cop shooting a white guy in the 1970s. Now my dad's take on this wasn't to give advice about not keeping guns in the car. No, his advice was to always have your registration a license holder in the sun visor above the driver's seat so as to never reach for the glove box when being pulled over.

That was my dad's talk.

Now I'm going to give you my talk as if you were my kid. Since I'm a little bit more caring and interested in you than my dad was in me then my talk is going to be quite a bit longer.

My Talk


My dad's advice still holds, I'm just going to tell my life stories.

Never trust the cops and never call the cops. All the cops are drug dealers and criminals and they are worst of them. Never call the cops. If you call the cops you are the one who is going to get arrested.

My first encounter with the police were the Saltz's. The Saltz's is all ever knew of the names for any of them, or all I remember anyway. The Satlz's lived in the house behind us and had three sons, the father was a cop. The three sons turned out to be bullies and beat us kids up on occasion. Of course my dad did nothing. Cops. But that wasn't the worst of it. Seems these three kids took a liking to throwing rocks. We spent a lot time as kids playing in the backyard and we were commonly under fire from the Saltz's boys throwing rocks. The never put out an eye but we got lots of bruises. This went on for years.

My next story with the cops involves a kegger. In case you are not familiar a kegger is a beer party based on the idea of the host having kegs of beer for guests to drink. Sometimes there was a fee at the door, sometimes you paid ahead of time. I got invited a couple of times not because I was party material, but because they wanted my cover fee. I went to two as a teenager. I didn't like drinking because when I was in High School I had two friends die in car accidents from drinking.  I was very much against drinking and driving to a kegger. Besides, I dont' like beer. A kegger was not a good place for me. But I went a couple of times anyway because, you know, teenager. I quit after the second one though. You know why? Because when I got there then there were police cars parked on the front lawn. There were definitely underage kids there and it easily looked like over a hundred guests. I brought up the topic of drinking and driving with the friend who invited me and he said everyone there was okay because the cops would take care of it. I left.

My next story takes place in California where I moved too in 1984 at the age of 22. I had little money and always worked for minimum wage. Even in 1984 the cost of living in California was much higher than Indiana. I ended up living in the seediest parts of San Jose for the first four or five years. On one occasion I lived in in an apartment building that looked like a converted motel. It had the simple motel floor plan being of two-story design in one long rectangle with apartments with the same floor plan stacked on top of each other. There was a wrought iron railing stair leading to the second floor where I lived. There was no elevator. You just heaved the mattresses and other large furniture over the wrought iron railing. Each apartment door opened to a common concrete slab deck. I lived in the last apartment on the second floor, furthest from the stairs. Next door lived a drug dealer. This means he had visitors at all hours knocking on his door and occasionally our door if his customers were out of it. In all my time there I never called the cops. Take care of things yourself.

While I lived there it was not uncommon for a drugee looking to score to knock on every door. Usually they were drunk . Typically they would at least get the floor right and then start knocking on every door on the second floor. If the drug dealer wasn't home then we'd get our door knocked on as well and we'd have to deliver that bad news that their drug connection wasn't home. The story here is that one time then one his customers was really drunk and out of it, stumbling and mumbling. The guy knocked on every door on the first floor and then on the second floor. When he got to my door I told him the bad news, not home. Well then he starts making a scene, yelling and carrying on and what not. What could I do? I don't like guns. Instead I had an unpainted aluminum baseball bat that we kept next to the door.  I stood at the door with my bat in hand.  As this drunk kept going on about needing his fix neighbors kept opening their doors and stepping out with their bats as well. That's when I felt safe. All the neighbors staring this guy down with bats. Eventually he left. No one called the cops.

Let me tell you something about bats. First, get yourself an aluminum bat that is unpainted. It is the most untraceable. If you end up tuning someone up with a baseball bat there are no forensics. Not bullets and no ballistics. Wipe the bat off with some bleach and your done. Bats are much safer in crowded close quarters. I wasn't worried about friendly fire and a circular firing squad with my neighbors wielding bats. Nope. While we never had to use them to beat somebody I did see  many a drug user chased off with a bat. Most drug users don't have guns because they tend to sell them for the drug money.

Get a bat. Leave it by your door. In you live in an apartment like I did then you don't have to worry about shooting the neighbor and you can still chase the assailant with a bat. A bat is safe to use in close quarters with no risk to bystanders.

My next story takes place in Oakland. Again, I had no money and lived in drug neighborhoods with drug dealing apartments. My first apartment was at the base of Peidmont Ave in Oakland. Peidmont dumps out onto MacArthur Blvd near a freeway ramp. I chose that apartment because when I first started school at UC Berkeley I was still working in Santa Clara and needed to have easy freeway access for both my work and school. On the corner of Peidmont Ave and MacArthur Blvd sits a 7/11 and gas station as befits any freeway ramp in America. Here is what I saw every day. Oh I forgot to mention, Peidmont is an upscale, million-dollar residential area in the Oakland hills. You know,  homes with nice views. Anyway what I saw every day were BMWs and Mercedes Benz's pull into the gas station, then a black fellow walk up and bend over the driver's side window and exchange money for drugs. Every day. Guess what else I saw every day. Cops parked in the 7/11. What? So I asked the neighbors in the apartment,  Whattup? Well, you know. Remember every cop is a drug dealer. Every street corner has police protection. The police are in the protection business. Every single drug gang that is established pays for police protection. I lived there for two years. This went on every day.

My next story also takes place in Oakland in the next place I lived for seven years. I lived next to Oakland Technical High school. Oakland Tech, as its called, was a High School at the edge of Peidmont but mostly had minority kids. Oakland Tech has metal detectors on the doors. I witnessed one knife stabbing in the yard and many, many police calls. There is a sign on the side walk that I ran past every day as a jogger. That sign said, "This is a drug free zone. Penalties for selling drugs are four times those of normal." And guess what? Right across the street was a house selling drugs with two Doberman pincher dogs for protection, unchained in the backyard. My apartment was just one block over so I could hear those dogs barking at all hours, all the time. One day I went out for my jog and what do I see? I see a cop car parked in front of the "drug free zone" sign and across for the drug dealer house. He has his window down and is watching the house. I decided what the heck. I stop my jogging in front of his window and say "pardon me, did you know there is a drug dealer living in that house?". The cop just looks at me, doesn't say anything, and just waves me to move along. So I just run along. Later that evening I run into one of my neighbors and tell him the story and he just laughs. He says, "The lady down the hall has lived here for ten years. She tells me that every single day she calls the cops about the dogs barking and the drug dealing."

They are all drug dealers. Every single one. Don't get in the way of that.

My next story takes place in Oakland and is a news story that  you can look up online. Oakland has a long history of police brutality. While I was living there it got so bad that after years and years of complaints then the Oakland Tribune finally looked into the story and it became a story about a police gang that called themselves, "The Rough Riders". The community had been complaining for years and media never reported anything. Don't go thinking the press is going to help you. They need good relations with cops more than they need a story.

My next story takes place in Oakland as well. I was mugged twice at gun point. I already knew to keep two wallets, one with cash and one with everything else. However, both time the mugger said, "cash and credit cards." That may seem an odd thing to say to you but they you know and they know you have two wallets. So I threw both ten feet away from me on the ground. The kid picked up the wallets and ran off. In this case I did call the cops. But I did not go home and call the cops. Never call the cops where your neighbors can see you calling the cops. In this case I called the cops because I knew my wallet would be ditched close by and a California driver's license costs $75. I didn't want to shell out $75 and so I was going to wait a week and see if my wallet get returned to the cops. Here is what I did. I went up to the house where I was mugged in front of and banged on the door. In both times I asked them if it was okay if I call the cops in front of their house. Always do this. Give them the same courtesy you would want. I may not want the cops being called and they might not want them called either. Both times they said yes and so I called the cops. And actually one time I did get my wallet back and did not have to pay for another driver's license.

My next story takes place in two places, Lafayette IN where I grow up and Mountain View, CA where I moved after Oakland. My dad was a bully in his own right besides being a petty fence and got into his share of fist fights. Yet as far as I know he never got arrested. Why? Because he paid off the cops. However, I don't think my dad was ever part of the mob or a gang. No, what my dad did was first buy memberships to the Fraternal Order of Police and then again The Fraternal Order of Firefighters. He was also a member of the Elks and Moose. My dad also most likely made friends with more than a couple of cops but that's not the lesson here. My dad hated cops. Why would he pay money to join the Fraternal Order of Police and Fire? Because you get a sticker and you stick that sticker in the rear window of your car. The cops see that sticker and know you paid your protection money. Well, imagine my surprise when I get to the suburbs in Mountain View CA and for the first two years I live there I get solicitation calls from a charity called, The Police Softball League. Seems the Police sponsored various kids softball teams throughout the community. Guess what one of the perks of donating to this charity is? Yeah, a sticker for your rear car window. Every time they called I asked them to take me off their list. They kept calling every month for two years. Who was I going to complain too?

So that brings us back to today. You know if I had a retail store and someone was passing fake 20s or kiting checks then I wouldn't call the cops. Never. No. You take care of it yourself. First, just refuse service the next time that person comes in and do so with NO EXPLANATION. Never explain why you are refusing service. Just say, "as the owner of this establishment I can refuse service at any time." Make sure you have a sign. I just feel sorry for that store owner if he never got this talk I'm giving here. I guess it could be the case that the store owner was paying the police protection money and as such the police went extra heavy on George as a show of protection.

Never trust the cops and never call the cops. All the cops are drug dealers and criminals and they are worst of them. Never call the cops. If you call the cops then you are the one who is going to get arrested. The police run protection on every drug street corner. Cops pick the gangs that get to sell the drugs and are in league with them. Follow this advice and you'll be the safest you can be around cops.

This ends the talk.

A couple of final observations.

First, my dad never told me "snitches end up in ditches". Not ever. I guess that's because if you never call the cops and never trust the cops then there is no snitching. The only reason to snitch would be if you trusted the cops. I don't trust the cops. Since I don't trust them why would I snitch on somebody? Besides, I truly believe that as the victim if you call the cops then you are the one who gets arrested.

Second, the whole media coverage regarding the Floyd lynching is naive at best. Come on, the cops are the crooks. They are the worst crooks. Bruce Springsteen wrote a song in the 1990s called, "41 shots" about a cop firing squad. That hasn't changed. If one cops shoots then they all shoot so as to ensure no one cop can be prosecuted for murder using the exact one bullet that caused death. The bullet that caused death can't be determined with a firing squad. That's not going to change.  Policing is business first. Policing is a drug dealing, protection racket money making business for the cops and ticket writing money making business for City Hall. Insurance companies require police reports as a requirement for pay outs. Do you know why? Not to protect you or benefit you in any way. No, police reports are required so they can pay the cops for investigation and ensure police cooperation. Policing is just big business and cops are the sales people. I don't understand how people can be so naive as to believe protesting will in any way stop cop criminal behavior. Yeah, let's go protest drug dealers and gangland shootings like that will work. Protesting the police is the exact same thing.

If you are naive there is a TV series called, "The Shield". If you want to shake your naivety about cops then "The Shield" is a pretty good work of fiction that shows the reality about cops just being criminals.

The Irenni World Scale angle here is that protesting  for legal change will yield no change. If we want change we need to change culture first, then the legal system. We need to get rid of policing altogether because police add far more crime to your city than they stop. Irreni World Scale once implemented has no police.

Join an MGO today!

You can learn more about Irreni World Scale by visiting:

https://irreni.blogspot.com/p/join.html


Cheers!

Benefit of cooperation replaces rule of law!

Freethinkers unite!

Freedom!

Party On!

Let's get cracking!

Voluntarily Reject Demagoguery!

Politics as Science!

Demand Irreni World Scale!

Anti-theism is feminism!  

Think disruption!

Empathy for all!

Moral relativity: think it, breath it!

Prove it or lose it!

Conversations equal consensus! 

Welcome to the 21st century!

Scale your empathy, scale the world! 

Find your tribe!

Be sexy people!

The future is coming! 

Innovate at a rapid pace!

Slow speed ahead!

Well come! and well met!










Comments

Explore

You Need To Start Making Political Decisions

Love, Hard Work Book Draft: Introduction

Irreni Manages Bad Reasoning

The Amercian Anthem: Drawing Cartoons of Muhammed

No Secret Ballots, Public Voting

Introduction to the book "Irreni World Scale"

How To Scale, 101

Love, Hard Work Book Draft: Chapter 1

Legalize Prostitution? We Are Not Computers.

Kavanaugh Debrief